While visiting Pontiac, we hope that you will take advantage of the outdoor activities we offer.
- Boating and Canoeing - A boat ramp is located in Play Park
- Disc Golf - Pontiac has a full 18-hole disc golf course located in Chautauqua Park and Play Park. You can learn about the course, and download / print scorecards from the Disc Golf webpage.
- Skate, rollerblade, and bike facility - Fell Park has ramps, rails and more for the adventuresome.
- Fishing - The Vermilion River provides fishing opportunities for kids and families
- Golf - Pontiac offers the golf enthusiast two excellent golf courses. See Course Information.
- Parks and Nature Centers – Pontiac is blessed with wonderful city parks. Most parks have playground equipment, picnic tables, and sport facilities. For more information, please see the Parks and Recreation Department’s webpages. Humiston Woods Nature Center has 335 acres of hardwood forest and restored prairie. It offers 7 trails, 2 pavilions, 4 picnic areas, a fishing pond, a canoe dock, and includes 3 handicapped-accessible areas.