Experience the Arts
Pontiac is proud to be called home by artists of all types. Performing arts and fine arts flourish through support from the community. Read on for a sampling of the art we have to offer!
Eagle Performing Arts and Conference Center
- In a space as charming as the town it's in, the Eagle Performing Arts and Conference Center offers something for everyone. Centrally located and perfectly equipped the Eagle is home to concerts, comedy, dinner theatre, and more. Check their website to see what they currently have playing.
Pontiac Municipal Band
A group of local musicians who grace the Band Shell in Humiston Riverside Park with FREE live performances on Friday evenings during the summer. They also perform at special events and march in local parades. We're proud to have one of the oldest continually formed municipal bands in the state.
- Chautauqua Park Pavilion
- A community theatre group offering live performances year round. During the summer months, enjoy your favorite shows in the historic Chautauqua Park Pavilion, an open air pavilion that lends a delightful atmosphere to the experience. When the weather turns colder, we move indoors to the Eagle Performing Arts and Conference Center offering delightful dinner theatre selections.
- 321 North Plum Street
- A wide variety of dance styles and acrobatics are taught at the Pontiac Dancenter for all ages and experience levels. One on one coaching is also available, perfect for learning a wedding dance or as a surprise to a special someone.
Dongbai International Airbrush Art School
- Opened in May of 2012, this art instruction facility features the talents of Tang Dongbai, an internationally famous airbrush artist from Beijing, China. Courses are available at the beginner, intermediate, and advanced level. The studio is also available for tours by appointment.
Pontiac Community Art Center
- 209 West Madison Street
- A combined gallery, studio, and retail outlet for the creative works of local artists. Works include paintings, sculpture, textiles, wood, and drawings. Classes are offered regularly including opportunities to paint, draw, and even try your hand at pottery.
Museum of the Gilding Arts
- 217 North Mill Street
- The art and craft of using precious metal leaf in design and decor. Exhibits include the Swift Collection. The museum also features a gift shop full of art from gilding artists around the world.
Pontiac Art Cars
- Seasonal Display - May through September
- Located around the sidewalks of downtown Pontiac
- Each designed by a local artist or art group
- Great photo opportunities and kids love them too!
Seasons of Life Statues - Dargan Park
- 210 Fountain Street
- Three 25' tall statues made of iron. Each depicting a stage of life.